Summer Grilled Zucchini
Ask (almost) any kid and they will tell you that zucchini would not be on the top 5 favorite list… or the top 20! Many of our test group kids seemed to like the smokey flavor of the grill paired with the freshness of lemon zest (or a spritz of lemon!). Easy to do ahead of time or throw on the grill whenever the mood suits.
2 medium zucchini, sliced into thick strips lengthwise
1 tbsp refined coconut oil
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp chili flakes, optional
Kosher salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
3-4 basil leaves, torn
- Preheat grill on medium-high.
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini with oil, lemon zest, chili flakes, salt & pepper.
- Once grill is hot, place zucchini on grill.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip and continue cooking on high, covered, for 2-3 min more.
- When done, remove from heat, garnish with basil and more chili flakes, if desired.