Homemade Almond Crackers
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
- 1 cup almond flour (not almond meal)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup finely chopped baby spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all dry ingredient into a medium size bowl and mix them together. Add the water and mix until the mixture turns into dough.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it down, until pretty thin – about 1/8 of inch thick. Try to keep the dough into a rectangular shape. It’s OK if it’s not perfect. Or you can separate the dough in 4 balls and press them in a tortilla press.
- Once the dough is rolled out, peel the top sheet of paper and using a pizza wheel or knife, cut the dough into small squares, about ½ – 1 inch. If you used a tortilla press, you can cut the dough or break them after is baked.
- Move parchment paper to a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cracker turn golden brown and crispy.
- Let the cracker cool completely. Enjoy immediately or place them in an airtight bag or container for later.