Brussels Sprouts Hash
As we talked about our star of the show Brussels Sprouts this week, here is an amazing and delicious recipe that we hope that the whole family will enjoy it. You can do this recipe all-vegan if you wish. Now to the recipe…
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
10 slices #bacon , cut into 1″ pieces
2 portobello #mushrooms , sliced (optional)
2 tbsp refined coconut oil (if not using bacon)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 red sweet mini peppers, diced (optional)
1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp #bonebroth , any broth or water
1. If cooking with bacon: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon for 2 minutes and add the sliced mushroom, cook until bacon is crispy and mushroom fully cooked. Turn off heat and transfer bacon and mushroom to a paper towel-lined plate. Keep most of the bacon fat in skillet, removing any black pieces from the pan.
2. If skipping the bacon: In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat and add the sliced mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer the mushroom to a paper towel-lined plate. Keep the fat in skillet.
3. Turn the heat back to medium and add onion, garlic, sweet pepper, and brussels sprouts to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables begin to soften and turn golden. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of broth and cover skillet. Cook until brussels sprouts are tender and water has evaporated about 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle cooked bacon bits over the entire skillet and serve warm.